The Solution Architect has the opportunity to build a standard design in order to suit to various conditions.
As a Solution Architect within Owkin Company, you will have the opportunity to work in the health & medical domain, a booming sector, to bring a real contribution to answer medical & health challenging questions.
More specifically, you will work on the creation and design of IT architectures, by taking an active part in discussions for adapting our state of the art to the constraints of a specific deployment. On the IT side, you will be in touch with a wide range of technologies and infrastructure (from physical server to Cloud solutions).
You’ll work directly with the Tech & Product team under the responsibility of the Head of IT Operations & IT Partnership.
In particular, you will:
- Lead technical discussions and interactions dedicated to setup the targeted solution with IT team of partners (academic centers/hospital/institute) and/or within Owkin
- Provide detailed specifications for proposed IT solutions
- Align strong expertise at various levels of infrastructure (from deep layers to Docker architecture concept & solution)
- Analyze current technologies used within the company and determine ways to improve
- Document and monitor requirements needed to institute proposed updates
- Work closely with Information Technology professionals within the company to ensure hardware is available for projects and working properly
- Deploy and test (or bring an active assistance during this stage) packaged solutions and potentially intermediate or low layers (like orchestrator, hypervisor, network…) during server/IaaS setup
- Take care of day-to-day maintenance of the solution
- Contribute when required to the development of Owkin infra as code
- Coordinate on the IT side, schedule and animate technical meetings, build and update plannings & timelines regularly, give regular status and highlight at the right level urgency/major issues
The position is located in our office in NYC, with potential travels of 1-2 days each month in the US or abroad (Europe).
What we offer
- Competitive salary and equity;
- Opportunity to work with an international team with high technical and scientific backgrounds;
- Friendly and informal working environment;
- Flexible work organization and access to remote work;
- 6 to 7 weeks of paid vacation per year (depending on where you are based);
- Top-tier health insurance;
- Beautiful and well positioned offices in Paris (Petites Ecuries), London (Holborn), Nantes (Nantes island) and NYC (Union Square) with numerous and various team activities and events.