We are looking for a software QA engineering intern to work with our product team on automating integration tests and helping to improve the quality of our product and code.
Owkin Studio is our software application dedicated to medical researchers who want to use machine learning on medical data to make medical discoveries such as finding biomarkers, building prognosis models, understanding and predicting response to treatment.
You will be working on this product alongside 12/15 people, both senior and junior, with software developers, UX designer and product managers.
Quality is at the center of software production; you will learn to understand the whole system and more importantly the team that makes it.
This role will give you real responsibility and you will be an important part of the team. We all share a common philosophy of transparency and team work. Helping each other is one of our core values.
If you are passionate about learning how a software is made then this position is for you.
The position is located in OWKIN Paris-based offices.
Your responsibilities and duties:
This internship will involve:
- Understanding how our technology works from local to productions environments;
- Managing the product release process under direct supervision of the CTO;
- Running and improving manual test plans and automatising them with modern testing technologies such as Cypress;
- Continuously reproducing and qualifying bugs found by our users;
- Continuously reporting bugs using various tools;
- Updating the test plans to find these bugs faster in the future.
What we offer:
- You will learn about what a modern software quality and release process are and how to automatise it as much as possible.
- Gross monthly salary: 1675 € (for M1/M2 students);
- Edenred “tickets restaurants”;
- 2 days of paid vacation per month;
- Commuting allowance and/or biking allowance;
- Opportunity to work with an international team with high technical and scientific backgrounds;
- Friendly and informal working environment;
- Flexible work organization and access to occasional remote work;
- Beautiful and well positioned offices in Paris (Petites Ecuries), London (Holborn), Nantes (historic center) and NYC (Union Square) with numerous and various team activities and events.