You are hands-on, experienced, proactive, independent and articulate. You display professionalism and integrity in all your work. A good sense of humor and friendliness is preferred. You have a fascination with Artificial Intelligence, the future of medicine and passion for solving the biggest problems in health. This is an opportunity to join a fast-growing, well-funded company with real potential to make an impact on the lives of patients.
Client-facing and customer relationship management literate
Business development resources are the external image of Owkin, and convey our professionalism, our scientific credibility to prospects, clients, KOLs, partners, and investors. It is critical for candidates to maintain the highest standards for the Owkin brand image, in all occasions, leveraging it to scale our commercial performance creating new leads and closing them.
Business oriented mindset
Candidates also have the opportunity to actively participate in the services and products strategy of the company.
Autonomy, Flexibility, Adaptability and Openness to change
Owkin is a young and fast-growing company which resources organization is bound to evolve significantly over the coming months and years. Business development candidates should be able to adapt to a new and fast-changing environment.
You are a strong team player with proven interpersonal skills, showing ability to work very closely with colleagues, share leads and form highly effective non-competitive collaborations. This is also very important to interact a lot with all team members outside of the business team as well, which is the reason why we are looking preferably for an office-based Business Development Manager/Director who may occasionally work from home.
Fluent English/native speaker
All communications are done in English, whether inhouse or for external communication. An excellent professional level in spoken and written english is a given, as it conditions all of the client-facing activities which are key to this position.
Easy Travel capability
Willingness to travel, as the role will include visiting clients across Europe with some travel to the US for meetings and conferences, in accordance with the business needs.
Your Experience and Qualifications
- Advanced pharmaceutical and healthcare industry knowledge: around 5+ years of commercial experience, or sales management, selling services directly to the pharmaceutical and biotech section with direct interactions with mid-level and executive level decision makers.
- Sales leadership, demonstration of client relationship management and retention skills as well as ability to acquire and grow client base
- Proven sales success in closing high value and complex technology and/or consulting and/or service sales in the clinical development.
- Ability to manage difficult client and/or financial situations
- Ability to differentiate Owkin from competitors
- Ability to develop strong working relationship with internal stakeholders and management leadership
- Experience engaging with the translational, genomics and companion diagnostic environment would be a plus
- Bringing to the table personal relevant pharmaceutical executives network would be a plus
Owkin is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status or on the basis of disability.