Owkin is seeking a Chief Financial Officer to join our fast-growing and dynamic Artificial Intelligence and Medical company. Our close-knit team of data scientists, doctors, pharma industry experts and engineers offers high-growth potential for the right candidate. The role will allow for flexible work arrangements with travel to our headquarters in New York and Paris. This is an exciting opportunity to be the lead on developing our next level AI and medicine technologies to change drug development and improve patients’ outcomes at scale.
Overview and scope:
The Chief Financial Officer position is accountable for all the global financial management operations of the company; to include the development of a financial and operational strategy, metrics, risk strategy, and development of control systems designed to report accurate financial results.
The CFO should be commercially focused and able to advice on and participate in complex commercial negotiations with prospective clients, suppliers and partners.
The CFO will manage investor relations, fundraising and financial strategy. The CFO should be a big-picture, long-term thinker, outspoken, collaborative and have a strong commitment to team building and be excited about the advancement of science.
The position will be located at our NYC or Paris headquarters. Candidates not meeting every criteria, but who can demonstrate exceptional skill in key areas, are invited to apply.
Essential Job Functions
- Be a strong contributor to our series B fund raise in next 12-18 months
- Assist in formulating the company's future direction and supporting tactics
- Monitor and direct the implementation of strategic business plans
- In conjunction with other senior team members assist in developing pricing model and resource allocation models to ensure maximum contribution and efficiency
- Develop financial and tax strategies
- Manage the capital request and budgeting processes
- Working with heads of departments in formulating and implementing budgets for individual departments and on the group level
- Cost control and optimization
- Develop performance measures that support the company's strategic direction
- Leadership of the Finance and Accountancy Team by supervising all financial personnel
- Oversee the setup and delivery of the Owkin finance systems as the company grows and evolves including developing internal policies and procedures to ensure accuracy and efficiency
- Deliver financial control: Be this scorekeeper, making sure the business is aware of performance against key metrics.
- Ensure that all regulatory and compliance requirements are accurately delivered within specified deadlines
- Provide financial leadership in vendor negotiations, can lead on vendor cash management.
- Treasury management: Risk management of liabilities, cash and liquidity risks
- Overseeing internal and external audit processes